In my mind desserts shouldn’t be about ‘naughty’ and bad for us, but rather a nutrient ‘top up’ that is extra pleasurable. Yes, good for you foods can do that! Enjoying something sweet and rich after a meal can make the whole experience so much more satisfying. And our pleasure is tied so closely to our health, as the enjoyment of food sets the body up for both assimilation of nutrients and deep relaxation.
This dish is great for healing the gut and supporting digestion, as well as boosting the liver and providing antioxidants and phytonutrients that naturally fight inflammation.
Plus it’s a great little sleep aid! This dessert is perfectly balanced to help support a low glycemic load with very low sugar, nice high fat and good protein, all of which can help reduce the amount of times you wake up during the night. Sour cherries (worth hunting down) are one of the few foods that contain naturally occuring melatonin, which is of course our sleep neurotransmitter and also a secret to anti-aging. This dish won’t exactly ‘put’ you sleep, but it will support the biochemistry you need to sustain it, allowing the body to find it’s own way there.
Makes 4 serves.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 sheets gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbs vanilla whey protein or collagen powder
- 2 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 x 60 billion capsule probiotics
- 1 cup frozen sour cherries
- Break gelatin and stir bit by bit into water. Once quite thick and softened stir in lucuma powder and protein powder.
- Heat coconut cream in saucepan on low heat with vanilla.
- Whisk in the gelatin then transfer the liquid to to a blender with the cherries.
- Blend until smooth. Add probiotics. Blend again.
- Pour into 4 small bowls or glasses. Option to add extra frozen cherries to the bottom of dish.
Yes, this dish is Reset friendly! Find out more about the MBIQ signature program