Smooth and velvety chocolate packed with magnesium for relaxation, reishi for healthy adrenals and immunity, and superfood berries to protect your cells from ageing and damage. These little treats will nourish a full spectrum of healthy balanced hormones and help your whole body feel better, boosting your vital minerals and endorphins, plus the ingredients all support liver detoxification. Managing your sugar and keeping an eye on glycemic load is key for a healthy metabolism and healing with food. With ingredients like beets, avocado and blueberries for sweetness, the best part is we can indulge and never ever feel guilty. This is how dessert should be.
Make a batch and store in the freezer and give yourself the gift of healthy indulgence on demand.
And yes, they’re Mind Body Reset friendly.
- 2 medium beets
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (plus a few Tbs. to dust)
- 2 Tbs rice malt syrup, coconut nectar or maple syrup (or use a few stevia drops for sugar free)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed)
- 1 tsp reishi mushroom powder
- Pinch of Murray river salt (or your favourite high mineral salt)
- 2 tsp superfood berry powder such as acai, macqui, or goji blend (I used Bestow Berry Beautiful Powder) – plus a few Tbs. to dust.
- (optional) Few Tbs. turmeric powder for dusting.
- Roast and cool your whole beets by popping in the over skin on for approximately 50 minutes at 350 or until soft. Once cool, peel the skin off by hand with the assistance of a small spoon.
- Place beets, blueberries, avocado, reishi, berry powder, sweetener, vanilla and melted cacao butter in blender.
- Tip: You can melt the cacao butter by shaving off the block with a knife, then placing in a glass bowl or measuring cup, inside another bowl or pot filled with boiling water. Stirring helps.
- Blend ingredients together until smooth. I used my NutriBullet which worked fine but I did have to scrape the sides often and didn’t ever get a full blend, I just get pulsing it along.
- Scrape your blended mixture into a large bowl, it should be a gorgeous vibrant colour! Then slowly add your sifted cacao powder until completely blended through.
- Form into balls by hand, then roll in a plate of optional powdered coating. I used turmeric, Bestow Berry Beautiful powder, and raw cacao powderer for these. Careful with the turneric as it stains, and you have to wash off your hands after rolling each one.
- Set in fridge or freeze!
Yours in shining health,
Find out more about eating for healing in the Mind Body Reset