Want to shine and glow and all that lovely stuff? Well, I’ve got news. Your sugar habit is messing with your mood, hormones and skin! Get happy, balanced and glowing and feel waaaaaay more satisfied with foods that don’t wreck your body like these easy-to-make wonder balls. ‘Fat bombs’ are the secret to blood sugar balance and have a world of benefits for your brain, gut and how you feel. They are the foundation of my sugar-free strategies for my patients doing the Mind Body Reset. Matcha green tea is also an amazing ingredient to add to your diet as it contains the compound L-Theanine which has a whole world of benefits for you. It is scientifically backed to uplift your mood, protect your cells from aging and help your brain stay sharp. And with a good whack of healthy fats plus protein, I promise these will help you kick any sugar cravings to the curb. Just give it a little time and stay the course!
- 1 Cup raw macadamias ground, blitz to a fine meal in the blender or food processor
- ½ Cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs Bareblends Vanilla WPI or WPC
- 3 Tbs cacao butter or you can use coconut oil
- 1 tsp Matcha powder
- Pinch of Murray River salt flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs water (add more as needed)
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl and then pour in the oil, vanilla, and water and mix together with a spoon.
- Using your hands form into balls, then roll in extra shredded coconut.
- Place in freezer to set then thaw for about 30 minutes before serving.
- If you keep a batch in the freezer, you can just take out what you need each day.
Fat bombs make a great snack instead of sugary chocolate or muesli bars. And as you can see my secret sweetener is whey protein powder. Don’t buy sugar and you won’t eat sugar!
My new year tip for you is to make your #healthgoals possible by having the right foods on hand.
Yours in shining (sugar-free) health,
Ready to Reset? Book now.